Take a peek inside this tiny, single-storey chapel by the sea.
Is this the smallest church in Britain? With seats for just six people, it may well be a contender for the title. Dating to the early 16th century, the chapel may have been built on the site of an older church on the orders of the Cistercian monks at Aberconwy Abbey. In 1935 the chapel was carefully restored and re-consecrated by William Thomas Havard, Bishsop of St Asaph.
The chapel is dedicated to St Trillo, an early saint from the 6th century with connections to the area. The altar stands over a natural spring, thought to have been an ancient holy well, from which water has been used for baptisms in the parish.
- Accessible by Public Transport
- Buggy Access
- Wheelchair Access
Marine Drive Rhos on Sea
Colwyn Bay - 1 mile
Bus stops on Abbey Road. Walk down Trillo Avenue towards the sea
On the cycle path along the coast at Rhos Point
Access via ramp for wheelchairs
Full Figure Grid Reference: SH 841 811
OS Landranger map sheet: 116
- St Trillo Chapel, Rhos on Sea, LL28 4HS